I go to a site that has a video that uses Windows Media Player and I click play and it is stuck on "Open Media...." Nothing happens, the video doesn't stream. I tried reinstalling Windows Media Player, but that doesn't work. I'm pretty sure it's not the site itself because other sites that play wmp videos don't work either. In addition sometimes when I click play, the site freezes up. I appreciate someones help.
Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Is your system clean from spyware and other garbage? That's the first thing I would check - especially if it was working before.

~kATh

I go to a site that has a video that uses Windows Media Player and I click play and it is stuck on "Open Media...." Nothing happens, the video doesn't stream. I tried reinstalling Windows Media Player, but that doesn't work. I'm pretty sure it's not the site itself because other sites that play wmp videos don't work either. In addition sometimes when I click play, the site freezes up. I appreciate someones help.
Thanks.

Check your firewall settings to see if this is blocking it. If not, also check your settings in WMP: if you're using WMP 11 in Options->Player check the box "Connect to the internet"...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.