is there anyway I could program windows 7 to automatically sleep for about 2hrs and then wake up after than. and then after 4hrs sleep again? thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Could you please provide more detail about your application?

You could configure these events in Task Scheduler . . . maybe.

We need more information.

Thank you!

/David C.

David is right - we need to know more about what you are wanting to do. In example:

If this is to do a backup, defrag, or other "system" task, many applications have a scheduling component that will put this is the Task Scheduler for you.

If you are wanting to access your machine remotely, there may be something in the remoting application that will help with this.

Hey britoniah3480,

Did some searching for you and found this thread and it looks like they were able to solve the same problem 2 people confirmed.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/2324-63-sleep-timer-help

"Ok i might have a solution
I try this on my computer and it wouldn't come back from sleep. and i had to reset . But i have been having some problems with sleep doing this, so it is very possible that it is just me.
Anyways here is your sleep/Hibernate command.

C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0 (if your windows directory is on the C drive)

when i first try this in it when to Hibernation so your will need to disable Hibernation so it if forced to go in to sleep.

to do this, go a administrative command prompt. (just type in cmd on your search and right click and run as admin

then type in "powercfg -h off" now Hibernation is turned off and your can go to your task scheduler and put in that C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0 command and set your time and your are done!!

Hopefully your will have better luck on your computer then i did on mine"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.