Not sure what to do.

Recommended Answers

All 36 Replies

Get Opera :).

Try re-installing FF.

Create a new profile for Firefox (make sure to backup any of your bookmarks (ex. xMarks)) and start from there. Your profile file might be corrupted. Or, take the previous person's suggestion and switch to Opera (j/k).

which version of firefox are you using?

which version of firefox are you using?

Get Opera :).

Try re-installing FF.

Prefer FF to Opera.
Afraid that I will lose everything if I re - install.

Create a new profile for Firefox (make sure to backup any of your bookmarks (ex. xMarks)) and start from there. Your profile file might be corrupted. Or, take the previous person's suggestion and switch to Opera (j/k).

Prefer FF.
It does work fine in Safe Mode which suggests that everything is still there.

I think the problem is with the update of your Firefox or one of the Add-on. Try uninstall/disable the most recent add-on, and see if it fixed the problem.

I'm a big fan of Firefox.

Thank you.
I have been fooling around with it since, and it has
come right for some reason that I am not sure about.
Just thankful to have it working.
Everything seems to be intact, too.
Appreciate your help, and also that from other contributors.
Yes, when it is working properly Firefox is best of all.

I meant re-install FF, not the OS :).

3.6 is one of the new version, sometimes it will experience problem try using google chrome or opera. Opera is simple and easy to use, it is also fast. Chrome works the same. Try both and you see which one you want

Techno22,
Congrat!!!

And for some note, I've been using Vista, it has lots of bugs, that's why I upgraded to Windows 7.

I meant re-install FF, not the OS :).

That's what I thought you meant.
Thanks for your help.

Often malware is the cause of browser problems. Have you scanned your system thoroughly?

commented: good idea never thought of that before +1

Yeah, try scanning for virus maybe your application was corrupted

Did exhaustive scanning.
Nothing found.

Then it has nothing to do with malware anyone. Try re downloading firefox from the internet

Get Google Chrome :P

Yeah like i have stated before try google chrome or opera. Internet explorer might not be so good

Did exhaustive scanning.
Nothing found.

What is found depends on the scanners used. Because the ones used find nothing does not mean it is clean.

What is found depends on the scanners used. Because the ones used find nothing does not mean it is clean.

Try using different anti virus software

Yeah like i have stated before try google chrome or opera. Internet explorer might not be so good

To me, I used all kinds of browser: Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, IE, and Safari. In my opinion, you want to switch from Firefox, I would recommend Chrome. It's fast, reliable, and comes with lots of Apps and Extensions.

commented: Google Chrome FTW! +1

I agree with you and Rick from RCE, there might be virus; but I don't think Firefox is corrupted since Techno22 can use it in Safe mode. The recent update of Firefox and/or update of Vista probably the main cause of this problem.

I would recommend you camino. It is very easy and free too.

I would recommend you camino. It is very easy and free too.

Well, as far as I am aware, the OP would have to be running MAC OS X in order to run it.

try to used google chrome......

I'm so glad everyone understands, the high quality of Google Chrome, It just makes me happy inside. :)

It's all well and good recommending this and that, but it does not solve the OP's problem.
Maybe he has no wish to use anything other than FF?
Can we concentrate on what might be the problem? :)

Ok, crunchie. Ask he to reset the setting to default but backup his data in hard disk first

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.