Hi all, I've got a total n00b question to ask. I need to install Windows Server 2008 R2 but I think I need to run in it in a virtual machine (or as a dual boot maybe?) as I need to run Windows 7 too. I had a look at the information about Windows Virtual PC on the Microsfot site and noticed it states:

Windows Virtual PC supports the following Host and Guest Operating systems:

* Host: Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Enterprise.

* Guest: Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) Professional, Windows Vista Enterprise Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Vista Business Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Enterprise.

...which has confused me.

Am I going about this all wrong? Every search I've done has come up with sites explaining how to do a clean install of Windows Server 2008 R2, which I don't think I want to do as it will erase my Windows 7 OS currently installed?

There's probably an obvious, easy solution to this but I'm into development primarily so this is foreign ground :P

Cheers.

Actually I think I've sorted it now!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.