I am new to this tech "stuff" and computers in general. Could someone please tell me how to go about transferring a "words" document to a CD-RW? Thanks! :sad:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I am new to this tech "stuff" and computers in general. Could someone please tell me how to go about transferring a "words" document to a CD-RW? Thanks! :sad:

Welcome to DaniWeb

Yes i will be able to help you with this. But first i need to know two things.

1)Do you have a CD-RW Drive(A drive that is cable of burning CD's)
2)What Operating System do you use (Example: Windows XP)

Once i know that we can get started.

-T

Welcome to DaniWeb

Yes i will be able to help you with this. But first i need to know two things.

1)Do you have a CD-RW Drive(A drive that is cable of burning CD's)
2)What Operating System do you use (Example: Windows XP)

Once i know that we can get started.

-T

Okay and thanks! Yes I have a CD Rom and I have Windows XP Home Edition
Maine_iac Gal

Okay and thanks! Yes I have a CD Rom and I have Windows XP Home Edition
Maine_iac Gal

Ok, lets try this. put a blank Cd in the drive. Close it and wait. After a little while (no more than a minute) a box should pop up, asking what you want to do. select burn files to cd. Then Once there select the files. Or drag and drop them in . Hope that helps

-T

No, I guess it didn't work. No box popped up at all. I've tried clicking on file, then save as, then I click on DVD Drive E. I will then get a box that says to insert disc in drive which I do, but that window covers the previous window so I can't click on save. (The window stays there) If I get rid of it, then it won't allow me to save on DVD drive. Hard to explain without you seeing what I'm talking about. Maybe it's just not possible to save to DVD????

Maine_iac Gal, you have used many different terms, all of which mean something different. Let's try to identify exactly what you have and what you are trying to do.

Is your drive a CD burner (it will usually say CD-R, CD+R, CD-RW, CD+RW, or some combination of that on the drive tray if it is), is it a DVD burner (DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW), is it a standard CD drive, or is it a standard DVD drive? If you need further assistance in finding this out, just let us know, and we can walk you through the process of finding out exactly what drive you have and what it can do.

Now then, are you trying to make a burn a CD or a DVD? There is a very big difference, so please be specific about which you are trying to make.

A simple test to test if a drive can burn a blank disk that you've inserted into it is to put the disk in, let the drive read the disk so that it is usable (in other words, let the drive site for a few seconds after you've inserted the disk), find some files you wish to write to the drive in File Explorer, highlight the files, and drag them onto the icon that represents the drive that you wish use for writing. If the drive can be used for writing, you should see a ballon dialog pop up in the lower-right corner of your screen that says something like, "You have files waiting to be written to disk". Try this out and let us know how it goes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.