Hey friends out here i have an unknown problem in my computer.

when i start my computer power reaches the mother board, and when cpu switch is pressed every thing in cpu starts but , the display does not appears in monitor.

Can any1 suggest !

note : displaydoes not comes in any of the monitor, so i guess the problem some where in the cpu.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

The CPU is the Central Processing Unit which is the chip at the heart of the computer. CPU is not the name of the computer itself.

Does it have a built in graphics card or does it have an plug in one in either an AGP or PCI-E slot?

The problem you gave us is pretty broad, you'll need to give more details about it.

1. Does the monitor power on? (Amber colored light on it even before you turn the computer on)
2. Do you hear any beeps?
3. Specs of your computer? (like what Rik asked, is the graphics card built-in on-board or is it a separate card? (AGP/PCI-E)

First thing I check in cases like these are the plugs/cords and reseating the video card and RAM's.

1 - yes the amber color light do comes before the cpu is started, and it remains the same after i start my cpu.

2 - no i don't hear any beeps since the problem has occurred

3 - and the graphic card is built in on the board.

(and yes i also tried reseting RAM and also checked the plugs, there is no issue with all that. )

when i start my computer power reaches the mother board, and when cpu switch is pressed every thing in cpu starts .

this reads weird ! are you using a power bar to turn you computer on and off .

also try turning the computer on first and then turn the monitor on

I know its weird ! thats why i am here get get some help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.