Hi everyone..
I am using 2 hard disks..
I have also posted a thread that my 1st hard disk is sloooo..
This problem is from second hard disk(brand new 250 gb)..
I have installed windows xp in 1 partition..When i tried to install windows 7 from bootable usb in another partition,it installed without any error..
After installation and after welcome screen appeared my pc restarted and hangs at

VERIFYING DMI POOL DATA..
K8 NPT DATA CHANGE..UPDATING NEW DATA TO DMI..

I am using
AMD Anthlon 64*2 Dual Core Processor 3600+,
2 GB RAM,
PHEONIX BIOS,
NVIDIA Geforce 8400 gs..

If u dont know about this,atleast help me with my problem of 1st hard disk which i have posted in this forum as:
My pc is running very slooooooo

Any little help will be appreciated..Thank u all in advance..

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Umm.... your BIOS checked its DMI pool data [info it has collected about your system hardware, and which is stored in a table in CMOS], found it had to update your AMD K8 processor data [normal procedure for AMD] and then failed - either hung during that updating or the next bit which is accessing your hdd [BIOS sends that info to Windows if you set it to do so]. So either BIOS is a bit corrupt, or it does not like some BIOS settings relating to your new hdd ie its configuration in BIOS.
What to do..? Clear BIOS, check the new hdd is detected properly [read the info about it in BIOS], chage the hdd physical configuration/order....
Of course, I may be talking through my hat.

Thanks for replying..
I am using PHEONIX-AWARD BIOS
I have tried many combinations of settings in BIOS but in vain..
I had a similar problem for vista installation in which after installation it restarted and stopped at vista loader 2.1.2..
Then i installed both xp and vista in same partition because of which i was able to run vista but few commom features of OS xp nd vista did not work[like IE and windows media player]..
I have tried the same combination for xp and win 7 but it did not work..
Do u think I have to upgrade or get new bios..
If yes,since i do not know much about BIOS,please tell me how to upgrade or get new BIOS which supports Win 7 without any problem..
PLEASE GUIDE ME FURTHER..

I don't believe that BIOS would need upgrading [flashing] just to cope with W7. More so, it probably lies with it correctly recognising your hdd with W7 on it. You could try switching your disk controller to IDE mode instead of AHCI in BIOS. There is opinion that W7 can in some cases cause problems with AHCI.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.