Hi Guys
I hope my query is a simple one to answer. I use Windows PCs, one runs Windows 7 and one runs Windows Vista. Like everyone with a computer the thought of losing any of my data is a horrible one. I am always doing my best to backup data onto my external hard drive and make sure I have a thorough backup of everything. However I find it confusing to make sure I have everything backed up and which versions I can then delete etc. Can anyone offer me some advice on best practices to follow when backing up my data. Also can anyone recommend to me a program that I should use to make the backup process as easy and efficient as possible? I appreciate all who take the time to read this and offer advice.

Kind regards

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Thanks a lot for this, I will check it out. cheers :)

I have found W7s default program to be very space hungry, even with the space saving option running. (Keep the latest system image and minimise space used for backup)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.