Does anyone know how to create a batch file that will send email through outlook express without using 3rd party programs??

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Outlook Express doesn't open up this ability without the use of a third-party tool.

What are you trying to do and why can't you use a third-party tool to do it?

I prefer not using third party tools, but if this can be done in VBS using CDO instead that would be better. Using that program you suggested that monitors the CPU temp i want to enable it to auto send an email when the CPU overheats & using VBS CDO would be perfect. Any solutions on how to do this would be great.

Thanks that works perfect on a server!! is there a way to do the same on a workstation in VBS or batch?

You need something to initiate a SMTP connection in order to send mail. The only versions of Windows that have this ability built-in are Professional or Server versions.

There's some good news though. There are many places to get programs that can send SMTP mail. I recommend using Blat. It's free, easy to configure, and easy to use.

Thanks for that link but unfortunately the code doesnt work.

Hm are you getting error. What are they?

-T

the error is:-

Line: 1
Char: 17
Error: Expected '='

the error is:-

Char: 17
Error: Expected '='

Put the '=' where it syas it needs to go and see what happens.

-T

Did that & now says

Char: 21
error: expected literal constant

the script just doesnt work.

I think you should use a command line tool to send emails via SMTP from your command line. The one from www.smtpinfo.com can even show a GUI if you like.

http://www.smtpinfo.com

What do you think?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.