Hi All - I'm Brent from New Zealand. Recently I had to get a new hard drive because of a fault. Im running windows xp Prof with 80GB Hard Drive and 512 meg Ram.

My supplier who sold me puter is not that helpful and he left when Windows disk almost installed. No problems with installation or with these next 3 disks loaded in this order

Windows XP Service Pack 2
Office XP 2003
Norton Antivirus 2002

My problem is that my Audio Centre is non operative. When I click on "Sounds and Audio Devices " in Control Panel the "Volume " Tab tells me I have "No Audio Device".
The Tabs Volume, Audio and Voice are "Greyed out" and I cant remedy the problem.

I have gone through the Help troubleshooter and when I open "Volume Control" i get the message "There is no active mixer devices available".

My Security centre was previously telling me that it recognised Norton was installed but did not know its status. By installing AVG Free this message has now disappeared. I feel the Norton business is somehow tied in with my sound problem.

I am at a loss at what to do - any suggestions please.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

i have that exact same problem accept norton not involved

i have that exact same problem accept norton not involved

not exact if norton is not involved ,giging that ,did you at least install a new hard drive and reload windows ,if so then you most likely have on board sound device and need to load drivers for it ,if you have you original motherboard disk they should be on it !!

go to control panel>systems>hardware tab then device manager look under Sound Video, game controller if u have any audio device installed. or look for a group that says other devices.

hi
i dont know y but my my speaker doesnt work i think they said u have 2 install mixer divice so can u give a mixer divece

hi
i dont know y but my my speaker doesnt work i think they said u have 2 install mixer divice so can u give a mixer divece

new to computer right !!
you need to tell us what make and model the computer is and what motherboard is in it and if it has onboard sound or a add in pci sound card installed

i have the same problem ...can u send me a mixer device for my comp or tell me how to get one

Hi tephlon
You have jumped on an old thread from Feb 16th, 2008, Go to this site, download and run the program, find what sound driveres you need, download them and install.
//www.belarc.com/free_download.html

If you still have a problem, start a new thread here and give a lot more information about your machine, OS and the problem.

Hi All - I'm Brent from New Zealand. Recently I had to get a new hard drive because of a fault. Im running windows xp Prof with 80GB Hard Drive and 512 meg Ram.

My supplier who sold me puter is not that helpful and he left when Windows disk almost installed. No problems with installation or with these next 3 disks loaded in this order

Office XP 2003
Norton Antivirus 2002

My problem is that my Audio Centre is non operative. When I click on

Office XP 2003
Norton Antivirus 2002

My problem is that my Audio Centre is non operative. When I click on

i have no mixer device please install it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.