We have a remote user a couple of thousand miles away. He bought a new computer with Office 2010. I'm trying to set up Outlook to connect over HTTP. Its a configuration I've done plenty of times before. However, this is a brand new profile and his computer has never been on our network. Our Exchange Server also is running Exchange 2003. Is it possible to set him up remotely? (I'm using TeamViewer to remotely control his screen / mouse, etc.) It seems every time I finish the setup screens, the connect to mailbox window pops up asking for user / password. Even after entering Domain\user and the correct password, it doesn't work. The window disappears, and then reappears moments later like I typed something incorrectly. I read something about a remote connection can't be established "remotely," the user must be first set up while physically connected to our network.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You can't to remote control someone you must have data of his laptop first. To have data of him, he must be connected to your network first.

You can't to remote control someone you must have data of his laptop first. To have data of him, he must be connected to your network first.

Thanks Jingda. I kind fi suspected this. Can anyone else verify?

Since you are using Teamviewer you can contact them. Of you can do another test. Have another client test it and see whether your hypothesis is correct. Ask him to connect to your network first and send him off to another part if the town. Do not need to be too far and see whether you can remote access him. Next use another laptop and see whether you can remote acess him.

load the certificate via IE into the root certificate section first, then do the normal RPC over HTTPS setup, i do it all the time.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.