is it so that google has stoped supporting firefox

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

Why do you mean by that? Firefox still uses Google Search engine or do you mean something else?

I think his main worry is -- Google Toolbar not compatible with Firefox 5.

I dont think that Both google and chrome are same. they are different

I dont think that Both google and chrome are same. they are different

What the hell are you talking about?

What the hell are you talking about?

be nice now ,post just miss under stood the ?

I guess i was a but too rash just now. But seriously his post makes no sense.

" I dont think that Both google and chrome are same. they are different "

What? This is a forum that discuss about web browsers, google chrome is a web browser what is google and chrome? It just do not make any sense!

What? This is a forum that discuss about web browsers, google chrome is a web browser what is google and chrome? It just do not make any sense!

It does make sense though
To explain it to you, he means google and google chrome is different altogether although they have same GOOGLE name.

To newbie/beginner internet user:-
Google is mostly affiliated to search provider from what people always use to search

Chrome however is a browser like IE and Firefox, thus not the same as Google (web search)

But to us, Google and Google Chrome is the same (Google provide web search and also a decent browser) because Google also included in Chrome...

Next time try to view as a newbie first before attacking them. Not all people know about computer and stuff...

google is a search engine ,before google Chrome ,when you said google you meant search,poster may didn't realize that Chrome was a google product

It does make sense though
To explain it to you, he means google and google chrome is different altogether although they have same GOOGLE name.

To newbie/beginner internet user:-
Google is mostly affiliated to search provider from what people always use to search

Chrome however is a browser like IE and Firefox, thus not the same as Google (web search)

But to us, Google and Google Chrome is the same (Google provide web search and also a decent browser) because Google also included in Chrome...

Next time try to view as a newbie first before attacking them. Not all people know about computer and stuff...

True. But at a first glance, anyone could have misunderstand what the poster said. Still it goes to show that a word difference can have such a big impact.;)

Maybe you just meant different answer on some thread like answering Apple for Orange question.

True that even OP doesn't even give specific details of his problem which makes us keep circling around so much. Sometimes too short to even understand what OP wants.

Redirecting to first OP post for the problem (back to original topic)

@parameswaran can you make more clear what you're trying to say. It doesn't have to be too simple (which turn us over before). We can understand tech so give more detail about it.

According to me, Google is a company which makes a search engine that is referred to as Google. A search engine is a website that allows useres to find other webpages by typing a keyword in the search box. Where as Google Chrome is a web browser made by Google. A Web Browser is a tool which lets useres to view other webpages, including the Google search engine. I hope this will helpful to you.

is it so that google has stoped supporting firefox

Indeed it is. :(
It used to be that google paid developers to develop firefox in addition to its open source development so that the firefox project could afford things like hosting for its plugins and head quarters for its complaints department. However now that google has their own browser (Google Chrome), Google is taking all their money out of Firefox and putting it into Chrome. As shameful as it is, it's true.

Don't care, doesn't matter. The OP will not be returning...

Please describe correctly what are you saying?make it clear

Please describe correctly what are you saying?make it clear

Who are you refering to.
Also OP = Original Poster

firefox is very nice broser

Some of the browsers to be afflicted are IE7, Safari 3 and Firefox 3.5, which will lose some functions with Google apps such as Google Docs and Google Talk. However, the aggregation has warned that a lot of Web casework will eventually stop alive for the earlier browsers.

What happened to Mosaic. Is the web still compatible with Mosaic? I tried installing Mosaic on XP once but it kept on crashing on me so I gave up but now that I think about it I could run Mosaic on Windows 95 in a Virtual Box. I wonder what the web will look like. :)

What happened to Mosaic. Is the web still compatible with Mosaic? I tried installing Mosaic on XP once but it kept on crashing on me so I gave up but now that I think about it I could run Mosaic on Windows 95 in a Virtual Box. I wonder what the web will look like. :)

This means, Mozila firefox is best browser.

All browsers except Opera are based on Mosaic source code so what does that tell you :)

What happened to Mosaic. Is the web still compatible with Mosaic?

Fifteen years after Mosaic's introduction, the most popular contemporary browsers, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, retain many of the characteristics of the original Mosaic graphical user interface (GUI) and interactive experience so why would you want to struggle with a browser that may have reduced functionality compared to the recent web challenges?

Fifteen years after Mosaic's introduction, the most popular contemporary browsers, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, retain many of the characteristics of the original Mosaic graphical user interface (GUI) and interactive experience so why would you want to struggle with a browser that may have reduced functionality compared to the recent web challenges?

Because for me it is like a step back in time to see the memories of what things were like when I was a child. G' those days were rough trying to tell the computer to do things when error messages would pop up. Or even worse using the Macintosh computer with only one mouse button and a 12" crt screen. So these are all reminders of my childhood and I like to see what things were like when I was a child and how bad they *really* were.

i'm using firefox. it works ok and also supports google toolbar

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.