I am using old p3(933 mhz) processor with VIA motherborad and 512+256 ram.
Is it possible to install windows 7?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I think it's possible but why don't you try some older version?

I am using windows xp and Linux ubuntu as dual. Both are working fine.
To know the maximum capability of p3 processor i have asked.

Don't waste a good operating system on a tired system. Not enough RAM and not enough cpu imo.

Don't waste a good operating system on a tired system. Not enough RAM and not enough cpu imo.

I didnt expect this kind of comments.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "run". You may be able to get it to boot to the initial desktop, but right away Windows 7 will disable most of the display features (aero UI) because of not enough system resources.

I wouldnt expect it to handle launching and running applications well as it will already be mostly taxed on RAM and CPU processes to just boot into the Win 7 env. I admit I am intrigued by the idea, I guess you wont know until you try. And if you do try, let us know how you make out.

I didnt expect this kind of comments.

tell you what ,ill try it tonight and let you know how it goes .im thing it will load and run,but i could be wrong ,but there will likely be no drivers for anything in the tower

tell you what ,ill try it tonight and let you know how it goes .im thing it will load and run,but i could be wrong ,but there will likely be no drivers for anything in the tower

update ,tried install win7 but my p3 only had 256 meg of ram and the win7 install would no continue after reporting the amount of ram needed to be 512 minimum

update ,tried install win7 but my p3 only had 256 meg of ram and the win7 install would no continue after reporting the amount of ram needed to be 512 minimum

Thank you caperjack ! Today i will try with my friend's desktop computer(p3) and i will update to you !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.