Is there a reason, perhaps related to the Opera browser, which keeps me logged in even after I perform the Log Out/All cookies cleared routine?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

i don't use opera ,but if you use multiple browsers maybe your still logged in on another

Hmmm...you've pointed me in the right direction, perhaps, caper. FF and IE don't see me as logged in, but Opera does [still...]. So it could be a cookie failure in Opera.
... and so it was. One was stuck, retaining the login after I "logged out"; CCleaner wasn't removing it, either... I don't know why not. But a more direct approach worked.

ccleaner as now when you install it about keeping good cookies when a scan is done may have something to do with that ,

What's happening is that the Opera cookie file was poppping in two places [the default folder and its parent folder], both files a bit different in content. I deleted both files, problem solved.
At the moment it is not using the default location, only its parent folder.. I guess that's why CCleaner was missing one file before. But why Opera was writing to the "extra" file and then not letting an instruction from Daniweb remove an entry I don't know.
I deleted the cookie file again, and upon opening Opera it again builds only in the parent location; CCleaner deals with it correctly now, also??!! .
I'll drop them a word at Opera... they're hot on stuff like that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.