I have an Acer Aspire One series AOA150. I have Windows XP Home Edition version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600. My problem is I have an excellent connection to the internet but Windows will not load. When I open the browser it tells me, "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". I have ran the Diagnostic test it says to try and some of the IP addy's arent pinging back. It will allow me to browse if I wire it but won't work for wireless. It worked before when I had AT&T and since I switched to cable/internet modem it will not. All the help is very much appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Use other browsers, IE, I feel very bad, I now use Google's easy to use more than IE

I actually agree with the previous comment. IE has too much in common with dog poo to call it a "browser".

You need to check your wireless password, just because you are getting a perfect connection doesnt meant thats the internet, thats just the connection from your computer to the router, normally if the password failed, you wont connect, but in some cases, it will show a connection, but never connects until the correct password are entered.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.