I recently had a hard drive failure and it was replaced.
Did a full recovery using the set of discs.
I have all Windows Updates in place.
My system is Windows XP Home, SP2.
My Office 2000 won't install. No error message, it just does not respond to the last "click here to install".
My research has uncovered this may happen with the 3.1 installer (v1), but not the (v2).
I have the (v2).
Other programs I have on CD have all installed without any problems.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
Ray

I recently had a hard drive failure and it was replaced.
Did a full recovery using the set of discs.
I have all Windows Updates in place.
My system is Windows XP Home, SP2.
My Office 2000 won't install. No error message, it just does not respond to the last "click here to install".
My research has uncovered this may happen with the 3.1 installer (v1), but not the (v2).
I have the (v2).
Other programs I have on CD have all installed without any problems.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
Ray

Hi Ray,

I had this problem with Office 2000 as well, on more than one machine before I figured out it was MIS 3.1, which had installed as part of Windows Updates before I did the Office 2000 install. I installed all my apps first, they all went fine...and then Office 2000 last and nearly ripped my hair out on this as it kept stalling midway through. Started removing things...and then removed 3.1 from Add/Remove programs. Office 2000 installed just fine after that. A bit of a delay during the install and then it suddenly kicked in and off it went. You can always install 3.1 again after getting your Office 2000 installed if you feel you need it on your system. Hope this helps.

Celticblue

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.