Hey guys, I am wondering what is wrong with my PC. When I created a guest account, all is well. But when I login as a Guest, I can't. When I click on the Guest icon, it says, Logging off... and it turns me back to choosing an account.. I hope you are able to picture out my situation. Any help please?

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jingda

Is there any password set for guest account.?
Log off all users and log in as guest . Still not able to login as guest?

There is no password set for the guest account. After clicking the Guest account, it says, welcome... then says, logging off... then puts me back to selecting an account...

I think this is a software issue with my OS... I'm using Windows 7 Starter

There is no password set for the guest account. After clicking the Guest account, it says, welcome... then says, logging off... then puts me back to selecting an account...

I think this is a software issue with my OS... I'm using Windows 7 Starter

when did this problem happen? In your thread title, you said other accounts are affected as well, so I assume you are unable to log it to your computer. Am I right?

Try these steps

1) Boot up your computer in safe mode
2)Do a system restore back to the time this problem did not occur.

Edited by jingda: n/a

As you said boot in safe mode, but rather than restore try setting your user guest annount to admin. that's kinda a troubleshooting test.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.