I too have the same prob as benyam dessu had. My prob is different as in that i have 2 xp home systems and now only 1 H.D. If i follow gemini4's fix through the system Startup way how do i know which one to delete as they both are xp home. Only difference is that in the startup recovery section on enetering the first one it says-

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition"/fast detect
The second Says-
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition"/fast detect/noexecute=optin

Obviouisly i dont want to delete the wrong one ! Ha Ha, we do get into some ruts huh!

Please advice.

Dougie

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I too have the same prob as benyam dessu had. My prob is different as in that i have 2 xp home systems and now only 1 H.D. If i follow gemini4's fix through the system Startup way how do i know which one to delete as they both are xp home. Only difference is that in the startup recovery section on enetering the first one it says-

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition"/fast detect
The second Says-
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition"/fast detect/noexecute=optin

Obviouisly i dont want to delete the wrong one ! Ha Ha, we do get into some ruts huh!

Please advice.

Dougie

Are your windows installations on the same partition? If not on which partition are they. Which is the one that you boot in and you want to keep the top one or the bottom one?

Also please post the :
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS=, part that will be different if the installations are on separate partitions.

On start up when the screen goes black i get 2 xp homes come up. I have to scroll to bottom one then select and it starts as normal. I used to have 2 hard drives but took one out to build another pc.I honestly don't know if the existing Hd is partitioned i cant remember.

Go to start choose run and execute msconfig . Click on Boot.Ini on the top and then click Check all boot paths . Click Ok to all the messages that come up, apply all settings and reboot.

Go to start choose run and execute msconfig . Click on Boot.Ini on the top and then click Check all boot paths . Click Ok to all the messages that come up, apply all settings and reboot.

Awesome, Ist time again.

Got a real problem for you though.
Outlook Express wont send/receive messages sometimes. When i send a message window comes up and says 'Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. please review the list of errors below for more details'

Then it says 'Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connectio. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account:advice.a1grafters.com', Server:'smtp.hosts.co.uk',Protocol:SMTP,Port:25,Secure(SSL):No,Socket Error: 10053, Error Number:0x800CCC0F

Now this beats the lot of them. Sometimes it sends other times not. I have not got a clue and i really use outlook express a lot. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Any ideas You wizard?

Is hosts.co.uk your Internet Service Provider?
Are you using any security software, firewall spam killer and if you do which is it?
Also you might want to open a new topic on this new subject.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.