Hello,

does anybody know freeware document scanning software which would be able to save scanned documents into multipage PDF document?

I use Win 7 64 bits if it is important

Thanks,
Andy

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I believe when you scanned the document you saved as image (jpg, jpeg or png) format. unfortunately, thou I know about free tools like PDF Creator and PrimoPDF, I doubt whether they can merge separate docs into one, honestly I never tried with them, but I know with NitroPDF Professional or Acrobat Professional you can merge your scans into one single pdf doc. You can always give the two freeware I mentioned a try, else buy a copy of either Nitro Pro or Acrobat Pro...

I believe when you scanned the document you saved as image (jpg, jpeg or png) format. unfortunately, thou I know about free tools like PDF Creator and PrimoPDF, I doubt whether they can merge separate docs into one, honestly I never tried with them, but I know with NitroPDF Professional or Acrobat Professional you can merge your scans into one single pdf doc. You can always give the two freeware I mentioned a try, else buy a copy of either Nitro Pro or Acrobat Pro...

Yes, I use now something similar with two freeware tools but it is really inconvenient :( So I thought to improve this with using one freeware tool to replace two different tools.

In any case thanks for idea.

I found your post about free scan application and would like to suggest CloudScan (http://www.scanworkssoftware.com/cloudscan.aspx). Nice clean interface and ability to scan into multipage PDF/TIFF, upload to Google Docs and even ability to share scanner for your whole home withour driver installation on each PC.

If it is not too late you might also look at Libre office.
M

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.