Hi all,

I need a detailed explanation(PDF or video) explaining how I can control a specific user account capabilities, limitations from an administrator account?
I want to know how to do it in Vista, XP and Windows 7.

I have some capabilities in mind to configure giving a user the following capabilities
- Open a specific folder or folders and ability to store files in there
- Ability to add a WEB site to favorites
- Abily to create shortcuts to some programs on the desktop
- Enable starting an already installed program
- Adding a new keyboard/language

It seems to me that that can be done by a local policy editor which I know almost nothing and have no idea on any of the parameters and and how to configure and activate.

What I need is "Dummy's guide for ...."

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Well a few things about policies,
1) only useful in pro/business/corp/ultimate editions. not home.
2) even then much more useful when centrally enforced (i.e. across a domain)

It seems to me that that can be done by a local policy editor which I know almost nothing and have no idea on any of the parameters and and how to configure and activate.
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

hope you don't need to learn it by Monday .i don't know alot about it myself ,but enough to know its no easy ,you will need to learn xp first i think as with win7 its so much improved on winxp , i think you best start with using goolge to find your videos and pdf file on how to

The group policy editor hasnt really changed much since Win 2000 when it took its current form...

like i said i don't know a lot ,just read to much to remember it all ,i guess .lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.