I have XP Home SP2 installed as my master harddrive and it now refuses to even start up (it refers to a dump line x). I've tried to change it to slave, and just install another XP based drive as master, but my PC cannot figure it out. - Or is it me? I Really need some of the info on the "frozen" HDD. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

Tom H.

tomhorne2006@yahoo.com

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

tell me what u did during the next installation
then only u can get any information

specify what u did during the selection process at installation

It's actually been awhile since I tried it last, but I went into the boot.ini and selected the new harddrive, as well as changing master/slave switches. Is that what you were asking me?

Hey, I'm sory if I'm not too fast at answering back. Job's kinda holding me up these days. I appreciate any patience given, though.

TH

...it now refuses to even start up (it refers to a dump line x)

Please give us the full and exact specifics of the error message, as well as telling us exactly where in the boot process the error appears. Also, give us some details on the history of the problem if possible.

and just install another XP based drive as master, but my PC cannot figure it out.

Not unusual- unless the computer from which you obtained the second XP drive was identical (hardware-wise) to the problematic computer, there's a very good chance that trying to use the new XP drive will just cause more headaches.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.