I run Win 7 Home Premium.
All of a sudden I got a problem with upstarting browsers. The browser processes start for a second, then disappear. Browsers (windows) do not start.
Here is detail description.
I have 2 browsers: firefox and IE.
When I start my computer and try to start FF, the firefox.exe process appears for a second or 2, and then disapears. The FF browser does not start.
The same thing happens with IE.
But then I noticed that if I click IE many times, and many iexlpore.exe processes will start, than before they disappear, I click FF and then firefox.exe starts and FF browser starts. In this case those (many) iexplore.exe processes still exist, but IE browser does not start.
Then I tried to download and install Chrome. It would not install - I get error (I believe 0x80040905). But this is sidenote.
I think there is something wrong with all browsers.
Here is my application log (in the vent log I get error that I think has to do with my problem)
Faulting application name: regsvr32.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bca28
Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.30319.1, time stamp: 0x4ba1dbbe
Exception code: 0xc0000417
Fault offset: 0x0008ae6e
Faulting process id: 0x172c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd6529470ff37e
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\MSVCR100.dll
Report Id: 84c3a27f-d11c-11e1-bb59-002618247070
Hopefully I can get help here as I did not found the same problem elsewhere.