I recently installed windows 7 on an windows XP Intel Centrino. Ever since then I can't play my games like grand chase due to the fact that I now have a standard VGA graphic driver. Also when I go to DXDIAG I found that my computer is a Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor.
Can I please get help on the graphics thing?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

What are the minimum requirements on the 'Grand Chase' game? Does the new PC meet these.

So you have a VGA vid card, but what kind is it? Do you have the model? If you are jut short a driver, the manufacturer site should provide the download for you.

If I've got the correct game, http://grandchase.gamerage.com, the minimum specs concerning RAM and Graphics are as follows for an XP machine:

RAM: 512MB
Graphics: GeForce 6000 series (which should be around 256MB memory)

Unless you give us your exact specs, we'll not be able to help you further. Moreover, just for info, Windows 7 is recommended to use min. 1GB RAM

I would suggest you download Speccy from Piriform.com, install and run it on your machine, and give us the details

I found that my computer is a Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor.
Can I please get help on the graphics thing?

Centrino is a word Intel used to describe a combination of things in the laptop not just the cpu
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrino

as for you problem ,you need to obtain win7 drivers for you video adapter ,what is the exact make and model # of the laptop.
try going to device manager and updating the video driver ,tell it to search the internet for them

lordrt, I do/did meet the requirements before i upgraded, but thank you anyway.
caperjack, thank you so much; this is what I was looking for and I found it was a lot better just downloading XP mode for win7. The common problem with win7, is if it is a drive that is below windows 7 requirement or not even located on their list they will automatically classify your drivers as standard.

your welcome ,glad to have helped

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.