My Sister has just returned from holidays and when she tried to access her email with Outlook Express she found she couldn't receive any mail.
If she goes to Webmail she has no problems and she can also access her mail with her Ipad.
All her other folders are there she just cannot get any incoming mail with O.E. Her inbox is completely empty.
She is running Vista at the moment.
Any ideas as to what the problem might be.
She lives 1700 k's from me so it is bit hard to see the computer first hand

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

She needs to validate the mail setup. To connect to a mail server from Outlook Express you need to have the correct Pop3/Imap4 and SMTP settings.

What I suggest is that you visit the mail providers support site and get the instructions on how to configure mail clients.

What you can do is re-configure the email and then try to access the mails. May be there is some server problem.

Everything was working fine before she went on holidays, when she came back and logged into Outlook Express her complete Inbox had dissapeared. She is running Windows Vista, has made no changes to it at all. She can still access her email through web mail or through her Ipad no problem, no such luck with O.E.

I agree with most of their suggestions. Try and reconfigure the e-mail settings. I suggest creating a new mail profile and then do the changes there and then just migrate the e-mails after it works on the new profile

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.