My windows 7 ultimate 64bit is always configuring updates every time i reboot. I tried using windows update and it found some updates and intalled them. One update always fail it says it needs reboot. So i did and it configured again...then did another update and found the same update again and same thing happens reboot and configure. Every time i reboot or start the computer it does the configuring. Can someone help me please. Thanks

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by `d3x

Is your OS at the latest service pack (SP1)? If not, I would service pack it, then apply any remaining updates.

Ok, so what you have is an update that is "stuck". I still don't know why this happens, but there is a fix for it in the Microsoft database, here somewhere:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358

there's heaps more helpout there, too, but this is a good start. Get back to us and we shall see if we can help

Yup i always get the latest updates only this last one was stuck its so time consuming. Thanks hotmatrixx il give the fix a try.

Hotmatrixx hats off to you man,thanks....that thing fixed it right away. I hope it stays that way. I knew i can count on peeps here. Again many thanks to all. =)

now its downloading an update, prolly its re doing the last one. Hope this wont get stuck this time. Update ya guys. Thanks

Unfortunately its still doin the same thing after downloading the update. I think its having and error on one of them. Please help. Thanks

If you do not want your computer to download updates then go to control panel and change the settings for Windows Update.

Unfortunately its still doin the same thing after downloading the update. I think its having and error on one of them. Please help. Thanks

johhny-marshal - sorry ya just stating the obvious, thats no help at all.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.