I just bought a hp omni all in one pc. My sister tells me that if i remove all the extra software that's pre-installed my computer will run faster. Is this true, and how do i know what to un-install?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Yes, it is true but it does depend upon what you uninstall. Not everything will impact upon performance if you remove it from the equation.

As for what to remove, that's simple: anything you don't use, will never use, don't want.

Personally, I always start with the Internet security suite as the ones that have done deals with the hardware vendors have a tendency to be true bloatware and can really hit performance hard. I have taken down McAfee and Norton from numerous Windows 7 machines bought by relatives and friends, and replaced them with Microsoft Security Essentials which is free and does a decent job of protecting the PC without slowing it down so much.

Hp bloaters. I think there is some software out there that removes it. Search for it. It took me about 2 hours to clean out a HP Vista machine manually.

I also vote for the DeCrappifier.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.