I am having a very strange problem that i hope someone here can help me with! My Seagate Freeagent GoFlex 1 TB external HD will only work if it is the only drive plugged in to the USB ports! AS soon as I plug another portable HD, iphone or even a USB thumb drive, the 1 TB drive disappears. It does not show in device manager, drive management, ASRock USB 3.0 software, nowhere unless it is the only drive plugged in! I recently built a new desktop ASRock 760GM-GS3 mobo, 8 GB Ram, 2 TB HD and i have installed Windows 7 home premium 64 bit! The problem only appears on this machine. Everything works fine on my laptop which runs the same OS! Please help!!! Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have removed Windows 7 and installed XP pro instead and the problem persists! Im confused!!!!!

Gonna take a shot in the dark. When you have your "disappearing" drive plugged in and visible, run diskmgmt.msc and try assigning a different drive letter to it (try Z:). Then see if it still disappears when another device is plugged in.

Thanks for the reply Reverend Jim, but i have tried that already! I've never seen a problem like this before! Both drives work perfect at the same time in my laptop with the same OS. Problem is isolated to this newly built pc. But i have no clue what it is.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.