My computer has been severely hacked. Well 2 laptops actually. And it looks like my router also. Problems noted here:
Email accounts routinely hacked even after changing passwords and using keypass in the securist way. Suspected keyloggin occuring somewhere in the stream.
Something causing my typing to be highlighted and changed into other words and characters, not randomly but as in remote access type of thing. Suspected rootkit worm virus (I'm only above novice in this stuff).
Internet modifications occuring where webpages are rendered with intelligent inaccuracies, suspected DNS redirection and spoofing. If not virus worm etc. simply showing altered data on my computer as opposed to the actual internet modifications occuring downstream.
Seeking help in all areas... PLEASE!
Thoughts of slight above novice:
- Clear bios (as possible bios alteration has also occured - pull the bios battery.
- Zero byte the hard drive. with some application - would need recommendations.
- Standard antivirus programs norton, avg, malwarebytes, spydoctor, etc. are not solving issues. This would seem to be beyond their capabilities.
- Someone had suggested my laptops had been physically altered when I was not around. Some sort of hardward added without my knowledge. I don't think this would be true as I dont' see a need with today's hacking abilities to physically access the pc's. I can take laptops apart and follow instructions on how to install and uninstall hardware. However, I wouldn't even know where to start to locate any foreign hardward added. Not sure this would be a top issue, but I thought I would mention it.
- Needed consultation with network security experts at a cheap rate. While I'm hoping this forum will do the trick, if anyone has any suggestions on a solid company or even individual that can handle this, that would also be appreciated.
And the unfortunate thing about this, is that my past profession involved, um, classified, information. So I don't want to scare anyone with this. I'm just hoping for someone who is up for helping in this one heck of a challenge...
Thanks, please help, thanks...