Hi , some times my computer show a blue screen that says error happened the error is "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and in the last of the message wrote "dump physical memory" , i think that error occur after i installed new hard disk in my computer but I'm not sure that the reason of this error , the widows installed on my computer is WINDOWS XP , so what these messages mean and how to solve this problem ... thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Does that issue happen before you install your new hard disk? I suggest you make sure the problem is after your new hard disk installing..Because, I met this problem before..And I google it for successful solutions.

If you receive this error message, follow these steps to resolve the issue:
Restart the computer and see if you receive an option to revert back to a previous operating system. Choose this option if it is displayed. If you do not receive the option to revert to a previous operating system, skip to step 3.
When your computer starts Windows 98 or Windows Me, uninstall any antivirus software and boot manager software (such as Roxio GoBack), and then "clean boot" your computer by using the information in one of the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
267288 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/267288/EN-US/ ) How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows Millennium Edition
192926 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/192926/EN-US/ ) How to Perform Clean-Boot Troubleshooting for Windows 98
After your computer starts in the "clean boot" environment, try to upgrade to Windows XP again. If the upgrade procedure does not work and you receive the same error message, the problem may be a hardware problem.

Remove any unnecessary hardware from the computer. Disconnect any Universal Serial Bus (USB) devices and printers, and remove the network adapter, sound card, serial adapters, and so on.
If you continue to receive this error message, you may need to flash the BIOS on the computer's motherboard. Refer to the manufacturer of your computer or the Web site for the motherboard for information about how to do this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.