I found this in a few different places around the 'net - hopefully it's helpful:

Disable XP Boot Logo

It is possible to disable the XP splash screen, which will slightly speed up the overall boot process. Be aware that removing the splash screen will also cause you not to see any boot-up messages that might come up (chkdsk, convert ... ), but if your system runs without any problems then it should not matter.

• Edit boot.ini.
  • Add " /noguiboot" right after "/fastdetect".

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

thnx u r genius nd helpful

I found this in a few different places around the 'net - hopefully it's helpful:

Disable XP Boot Logo

It is possible to disable the XP splash screen, which will slightly speed up the overall boot process. Be aware that removing the splash screen will also cause you not to see any boot-up messages that might come up (chkdsk, convert ... ), but if your system runs without any problems then it should not matter.

• Edit boot.ini.
  • Add " /noguiboot" right after "/fastdetect".

the downside is i think it also hides the chkdsk and safemode select screens

I asked quite some time ago how to actually change the boot logo to something a bit more custom, and it was explained in rather lengthy process. That was before I really learned anything about windows (loyal mac user).

If theres a problem with your computer it should come up anyway!! (Disk scan,etc)

Hehe it has to be said:

How to remove the XP boot logo:

1. Boot PC
  2. Insert CD
  3. Click "Install Linux"

Ah man!!

I asked quite some time ago how to actually change the boot logo to something a bit more custom, and it was explained in rather lengthy process. That was before I really learned anything about windows (loyal mac user).

There is a free program out there by Stardock called Bootskin.

It will work on just about any system, and it has a pretty easy to use GUI.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.