Hey ppl.

Try this tip I found off of a website.

It makes Internet & Windows Explorer incredibly fast.

Windows Explorer opens up almost instantly now!!!

Here it is:

Here's a great tip to speed up your browsing of Windows 2000 & XP machines. Its actually a fix to a bug that by default of a normal Windows 2000 setup that scans shared files for Scheduled Tasks. And its turns out that you can experience a delay as long as 30 seconds when you try to view shared files across a network as Windows 2000 is using the extra time to search the Remote Computer for any Scheduled Tasks. Note that though the fix is originally intended for only those affected, Windows 2000 & XP users will experience that actual browsing speed of both the Internet & Windows Explorers improving significantly after applying it since it doesnt search for Scheduled Tasks anymore. Here's how :

Open up the Registry and go to :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Explorer/RemoteComputer/NameSpace

Under that branch, select the key :

{D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}

Right click it and select "Delete".

I did this after a reformat & it smokes now!!!! 4 weeks now with zero adverse affects that I have noticed.

EDIT. Make me sticky Mods.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I havw xp pro and my key # is different , i have so many tweeks on here now , that maybe one has changed it allready ,mine HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RemoteComputer\NameSpace\{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}

Looks like that particular key has already been removed from your system. The one you have quoted is what I have left in mine after removing the key that I posted.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.