I can only connect to the web via IE or Outlook right now, and IE can't connect to SSL sites.

Seems like a firewall issue, but even when I have my firewalls and anti virus turned off- no dice. This is really confusing me. Any ideas where to start looking for a solution here? I have rebooted about 50 times, tried to repair connections a few times, etc. This is just confusing the crap out of me.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Check your proxy settings under 'Internet Options'. Have you tried Firefox to access SSL sites and did it work?

Another possiblity is spyware.

If ya want, post another thread in the Spyware forum and Ill take a look at it later tnite.

O ya, be sure to post a HJT log too if ya post in the Spyware forum:

Download HijackThis (current verison is v1.99.1)

or here (Alternate 1, a self-extracting zip file)
or here (Alternate 2, an *.exe file)

Make a new folder to put your HijackThis.exe into.

(Anywhere on your hard drive is fine other than your Desktop or the Temp folder. Suitable examples are:

• C:\HijackThis\
  • C:\Programs\hijackthis\
  • C:\Windows\My Documents\HJT\

but feel free to use any name.)

Extract and save the HijackThis download to the new folder you made. Then navigate to it and run HijackThis from there. (This is to ensure it makes the necessary backups for recovery if fixes are made) Then, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and click Scan.

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button. Press that and copy & paste its contents in your reply. Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't try to fix anything yourself.

Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.