I am trying to use the external hard drive on a win98se system. It asks for a driver when the startup identifies a new hardware, but I can't find it anywhere, including from winxp disk. Can someone help me with this?
foxkueh

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The usb device should have come with the drivers on a disk for win98,is it a Samesung usb device or just a device with a samsung drive in ,if so what is the brand name of the device .

The usb device should have come with the drivers on a disk for win98,is it a Samesung usb device or just a device with a samsung drive in ,if so what is the brand name of the device .

The device brand name is Edge with Samsung hard drive in to. There is no disk for win98 supply with it. I have no problem with winxp. It just instal without needing an external software.

The device brand name is Edge with Samsung hard drive in to. There is no disk for win98 supply with it. I have no problem with winxp. It just instal without needing an external software.

Try this site,first Edge I found ,maybe your's ,click on the Drive icon and it will take you to win98 drivers
http://www.edgetechcorp.com/support/products/portable-drives/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.