I apologize if this is answered somewhere already. I searched using several different word choices.

I am running '98 SE and IE 6.0.
Each time I close out the last browser I have open (whether I had only 1 open or 3), I get the following error (see below) and have to restore my desktop:
EXPLORER caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 0177:bff87ede.
Registers:
EAX=c00309c4 CS=0177 EIP=bff87ede EFLGS=00010212
EBX=02b6ff58 SS=017f ESP=02b2ffec EBP=02b30058
ECX=02b3020c DS=017f ESI=8196d098 FS=4bef
EDX=bff76855 ES=017f EDI=02b30234 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
53 56 57 8b 30 83 7d 10 01 8b 4e 38 89 4d f8 75
Stack dump:

I have already tried going to add/remove programs to IE and it didn't make any difference. Therefore, I (re)downloaded IE 6.0 and that didn't make any difference either! I will appreciate any ideas. Speak S L O W L Y when explaining. I am not completely computer illiterate, but I do grit my teeth a lot and learn by trail and error (sometimes a LOT of errors)!!!

Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Try to reapir is.

Start-->Settings-->Control panel-->Add/remove programs

From the list select internet explorer and click on remove and select repair.

More info-http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=194177

I seem unable to find a 'repair' option in version 6.0.
It seems to only allow me to remove. I did try this and the problem continued. I reinstalled, thinking that may correct any downloaded problem... but, I guess I thought wrong, lol.

Thank you for your reply; it is appreciated! If I am somehow overlooking the 'repair' option, let me know. I am asked if I wish to remove with a 'yes' or cancel option. I do not see a third choice.

Ok, Im sorry this isnt directly a fix; but I dont know/couldnt find any more info on your problem. But may I suggest switching to firefox. It provides more features and alot more security, helping keep "nasties" off your computer. In addition this may fix your download problem. If it doesnt we know it may be realted to somthing like firewalls, or maybe even a virus of some sort. Then we can go from there.

Im sure that if somebody knows a fix to your problem, they will share their knowledge. Sorry I cant help more :sad: .

-T

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.