I have an HPZ200 running WIN XP that consistantly freezes at the first power up every morning. I come into work and power up. As the terminal is running through start up processes it appears to be fine. I get to the ctrl+alt+del screen and log on to our network. When I get to my desktop everything locks up. I have narrowed down that it is a timing issue because if I leave it sit on the ctrl+alt+del screen it will freeze there if I do not log in. If I unplug the network cable to eliminate a network issue, it still freezes.

The only way to proceed is to hold down the power button to power down and then power up again. Everything will work fine once I go through this cycle. I have looked through the log and there is nothing there that looks like a problem at the time this happens.

Any ideas or directions you can point me in?

Thank you in advance.

Contributor
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by sklingb1

I need to add that I just went to update Java and it informed me that iqs.exe was running. Upon further investigation, can someone move this to the proper forum if needed?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.