this problem occured shortly after I fixed the explorer.exe issue, which ended up being a rootkit.
I'd figured my .NET packages were corrupted so I just reinstalled them recently.
37% is the lowest it's ever happened to me, but normally my RAM is over 50% when it happens...
I'll just get actions like:
- clicking a shortcut does nothing
- opening a new window or program fails
- dialogs refuse to open
- context menus don't fully display
- programs report errors and/or crash when running
- programs (such as Winamp) hang when starting
these are all signs of low memory, but my ram isn't even above 70%
what's happening here??
EDIT: I have 4GB of RAM