I know it's probably not possible, unless someone is working on it. Is there a way to install Win7-64 over top Win7-32 ?

What about the option of having a complete Windows7-32 backup and then restoring that back up after installing Windows7-64 ?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Different system. Fresh install needed.

I do not use Win7, I like Win XP

I do not use Win7, I like Win XP

What the heck does that have to do with the OP's question??

What about the option of having a complete Windows7-32 backup and then restoring that back up after installing Windows7-64 ?

that should work as the restore of the 32 bit backup would format hdd and reinstall ,64 bit shouldn't have any affect on the restore

that should work as the restore of the 32 bit backup would format hdd and reinstall ,64 bit shouldn't have any affect on the restore

I wonder if that would work, has anyone tried this ?

I wonder if that would work, has anyone tried this ?

it has to work ,we load winxp recovery on laptops that have been upgraded tp all the time ,and nothing happens , the fact that one is 32bit and one 64 bit will not affect it ,in my opinion

it has to work ,we load winxp recovery on laptops that have been upgraded tp all the time ,and nothing happens , the fact that one is 32bit and one 64 bit will not affect it ,in my opinion

Then this makes it a perfect solution if you are upgrading from x64 to x32 Windows. Although if you are changing the motherboard a fresh install is the only install :)

Then this makes it a perfect solution if you are upgrading from x64 to x32 Windows.

that would be consider a downgrade

Although if you are changing the motherboard a fresh install is the only install :)

for sure' but is irelevent to your orignal question .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.