I know it's probably not possible, unless someone is working on it. Is there a way to install Win7-64 over top Win7-32 ?

What about the option of having a complete Windows7-32 backup and then restoring that back up after installing Windows7-64 ?

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

What about the option of having a complete Windows7-32 backup and then restoring that back up after installing Windows7-64 ?

that should work as the restore of the 32 bit backup would format hdd and reinstall ,64 bit shouldn't have any affect on the restore

that should work as the restore of the 32 bit backup would format hdd and reinstall ,64 bit shouldn't have any affect on the restore

I wonder if that would work, has anyone tried this ?

I wonder if that would work, has anyone tried this ?

it has to work ,we load winxp recovery on laptops that have been upgraded tp all the time ,and nothing happens , the fact that one is 32bit and one 64 bit will not affect it ,in my opinion

it has to work ,we load winxp recovery on laptops that have been upgraded tp all the time ,and nothing happens , the fact that one is 32bit and one 64 bit will not affect it ,in my opinion

Then this makes it a perfect solution if you are upgrading from x64 to x32 Windows. Although if you are changing the motherboard a fresh install is the only install :)

Then this makes it a perfect solution if you are upgrading from x64 to x32 Windows.

that would be consider a downgrade

Although if you are changing the motherboard a fresh install is the only install :)

for sure' but is irelevent to your orignal question .

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.