I have recently been gaming and during my game my PC freeze's and I have to hard boot, at first I thought it to be my cheap Graphics card but I went out and bought a GF FX 5900 SE 128MD DDR AGP and it still is happening any suggestions ??? Oh yea I am running XP PRO Intel 2.6 P4 512 Ram.:D

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I have recently been gaming and during my game my PC freeze's and I have to hard boot, at first I thought it to be my cheap Graphics card but I went out and bought a GF FX 5900 SE 128MD DDR AGP and it still is happening any suggestions ??? Oh yea I am running XP PRO Intel 2.6 P4 512 Ram.

Most likely, it's a RAM problem. Try MemTest86 to test it overnight. It's not an absolute, but it's pretty good.

What was your previous video card? I am not certain, but in the BIOS you may have to alter settings to AGP if the previous card was a PCI. I'm not too techie as you can probably tell, but perhaps someone else can explain this better?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.