Hello.
I have XP SP2, with OE 6. I recently added a 3rd identity to OE. Since then, the main identity will send, but not receive. The 2nd identity, same age as the main, will send and receive. The new identity does neither.

ISP, Cox, says all is well with their side of things, as I can send/receive on all accounts from webmail.

Error message is as follows:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.east.cox.net (3)', Server: 'pop.east.cox.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Cox says it is an internal computer problem, but I dunno what it is.
Thanks, Homee2010

That particular error can be caused by a few things, including problems with your antivirus program's email scanning feature, incorrect POP/SMTP server settings in Outlook, or corruption of the Outlook program itself.
This Google search contains links to information on issues involving the 0x800CCC0F error code, as well as several possible solutions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.