I have Windows XP and I can't seem to be able to get this device to work. I downloaded the driver p-228 but its been said thats its only comptable with WIN 95/98. And when I try to install that driver I get this message "install program cannot select propad 6 automatically. Please select manually." So I try to do that when the game controller window pops up I don't see the Propad listing. So I custom it and the propad still doesn't work. Then I select 6 button gamepad and it still doesnt work. I have the game pad connected to a USB adapter and when I hold a button I see a pop up in my taskbar that says USB device not recognized. Can anybody please help me out. I"ve searched a whole lot of web pages, and can't seem to get this thing to work. PLZ help. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

time for a new gamepad i think

I have Windows XP and I can't seem to be able to get this device to work. I downloaded the driver p-228 but its been said thats its only comptable with WIN 95/98. And when I try to install that driver I get this message "install program cannot select propad 6 automatically. Please select manually." So I try to do that when the game controller window pops up I don't see the Propad listing. So I custom it and the propad still doesn't work. Then I select 6 button gamepad and it still doesnt work. I have the game pad connected to a USB adapter and when I hold a button I see a pop up in my taskbar that says USB device not recognized. Can anybody please help me out. I"ve searched a whole lot of web pages, and can't seem to get this thing to work. PLZ help. Thanks.

You wrote this some time ago but,... yeah it works, use the game port from sound card or motherboard...also use xp joystick setup....
no need to buy new

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.