Can someone please help me. Its a few days that I have noticed that explorer does not appear in my task program list. Before when the computer use to hang I use to do ctl alt del and click on explorer and the explorer would restart. Now when I do ctl alt del explorer is not on the list :rolleyes: Other than that everything works fine. Any ideas how to get explorer back in there. I tried to reinstal internet explorer 6 but nothing. I have windows 98. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

In your task manager there should be iexplorer.exe and explorer.exe both of which are differant. Iexplorer.exe is for Internet explorer and explorer.exe is the windows program manager. I imagine that you already know that though.

Why don't you take a screenshot of your running tasks and post it for us to look at? explorer.exe should always be running otherwise you wouldn't have a start menu, which is strange if it is not listed in your task manager.

Can someone please help me. Its a few days that I have noticed that explorer does not appear in my task program list. Before when the computer use to hang I use to do ctl alt del and click on explorer and the explorer would restart. Now when I do ctl alt del explorer is not on the list. Other than that everything works fine. Any ideas how to get explorer back in there. I tried to reinstal internet explorer 6 but nothing. I have windows 98. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Explorer has to be running, or you couldn't even bring up the Task Manager! You need to copy down what you see in the Task Manager window and post it here. We can help from there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.