Hi, I have windows 98se on a 1996 computer and when the desk top comes up after starting my computer, i get a small box on the desktop with Error-(Runtime error 21b at 00002DE4):sad: . So far I have seen no problem, but a problem has to be there somewhere. Please help me find what it is. Thank you, farnand

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

did you make any changes in your computer lately?

Hi, I have windows 98se on a 1996 computer and when the desk top comes up after starting my computer, i get a small box on the desktop with Error-(Runtime error 21b at 00002DE4):sad: . So far I have seen no problem, but a problem has to be there somewhere. Please help me find what it is. Thank you, farnand

What anti-virus software are you running? Is it up-to-date? Have you run an adware/spyware check lately? It's entirely possible that some sort of malware has latched on to your system.

Another possibility is something I call Win98 corruption. My article is here.

Windows 98se--I had win 98

Hi, I did just install win 98se on top of 98--I do use AVG anti virus and spybot and Trend micro (housecall). I did that TweakUI 1.33 and my 98se is good.

I did use TweakUI 1.33 and my newly installed 98se from 98 is good. I do use Trend Micro (housecall) , Avg and spybot. Whatever it is, it's not a virus

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.