Do you anybody know when the full version of Windows 10 will arrived

Recommended Answers

All 59 Replies

Microsoft hasnt released that information as of yet. At the moment, you can download the Technical Preview from their site.

only microsoft know

I currently Helping Micrsoft at the momnt fix bugs but I think this August or october dunno but the BETA is great!

Yep..! It will in shops in July 2015 according to my friend at microsoft.

PS:I use arch linux,Just give linux a try and you will forget micosoft.

I've been running it in a virtual machine and the one thing that I really don't like about it is that it wants me to create a "domain" account with Microsoft for the machine. I don't like the idea of having my local logon credentials stored/controlled by Microsoft. They have no business tracking when I log on/off to my personal machine.

Reverend Jim, is that mandatory? What about a standalone machine with no internet access? Or one with access to an internal network only?
What are the claimed advantages of creating the domain account?

I think without internet we would go crazy!

Most of us require access to the internet, but do we need it on every machine, every time we use it?
I regularly work on networks that, for security reasons, have no outside comms. I also regularly use laptops in locations where comms are just not possible. I would not "upgrade" to an OS that required internet access, and neither would many of my customers.

I just came across this for Windows 8.x which will probably work for Wibdows 10. It looks like MS would prefer a domain account but will allow a local account. The author does mention

Now, I realize that not using a Live ID would limit the things I could do and cause a lot more account popups when I visited apps like Music, Store, Video, and others, but still, I want the choice.

I can see the advantage of a domain account in a corporate environment - being able to log in to multiple machines with the same userid/password and using roaming profiles, but that doesn't really benefit the home user with one computer. For detailed info see Should You Use a Local or a Microsoft Account

You might want to check out Top 10 tips for Windows 10 and Keyboard Shortcuts in the Windows 10 Technical Preview. Also Windows 10 gets a fresh command prompt and lots of hotkeys.

If you believe (like I do) that Microsoft is just going to continue to fuck up the start menu, you can download and install Classic Start Menu that was written for Windows 8.x but now has a beta version for Windows 10. It gives you the Windows 7 Start Menu in Windows 10.

TheY HAVE CHANGE THE BIN ICON IN BUILD 10009 OF WINDOWS 10 BETA!

First they were called Metro Apps. Then they were called Modern Apps. With Windows 10 they decided to go with Universal Apps. Apparently Microsoft now wants to call them simply Windows Apps.

Microsoft has yet to learn that renaming something is not the same thing as fixing it.

ARTICLE I READ HAD THIS AS ITS HEADING:

Hey Microsoft! we can call apps whatever we like YOUR'E NOT OUR REAL MOM.

LOL muhammad_74. Hopefully they'll unhide extensions by default. It would be nice if they go back to the original menus.

I have heard sometime around October from Thorrott and Foley

Redstone rolls in 2016

windows 10 should be out this summer according to microsofts blog site. I am currently running it on my Surface pro3 and it is working quite well. They are making some changes with the betas but using it now will make it easier when it is full fledged. Also according to Microsoft they are making it a free upgrade for windows 7 and 8 users for the first year. It looks to be a good merger of windows 7 and windows 8.

10061 is available but you cant download it you have to be a Microsoft employee

running Windows Preview 1041 on one of my partitions on my laptop. Runs fine. Don't forget to get Classic Shell for it and it can behave a lot more like XP or 7 if you like.

Also when you set up the computer, it asks you to log into your microsoft account. At that point, say you wish to create an account and it takes you to another page. Bottom of that page is Create Local Account (or some such verbage) If you use that, you won't have to put in some odd ball me@someplace-else.com and if you just have it at home you can even just click through the password boxes and now you have a local account, with no password so it logs in fast. You can always either create a MS account later, and/or create password for the OS.

The new browser in Windows 10 is Microsoft Edge and was designed with a lot of new features that make it a real competitor to Firefox and Chrome. That's probably the reason why upgrading to Windows 10 is free because they want more users on the new browser.

From the department of sarcasm department: Windows 10 will be ready when Windows 11 ships... :-)

rubberman there is no such thing called Windows 11 rather than the ongoing threshold update ahead of the consumer release the next update will be the Redstone update. Which will bring a few goodies.

Just playing with the latest Windows 10 build. I have to admit that even in a virtual machine it's much peppier than Windows 7. Spartan is also very responsive and it's nice that they've built in a reading mode which offers the same functionality as readability.

Unfortunately they've totally effed up the settings for everything (again). For anyone who has had to endure the horror show that is the settings for Outlook, Windows 10 takes it to a whole new level of hell. What I would like to see is some sort of tree structure hierarchy so that looking for a particular setting is simply a matter of systematically stepping through/into various levels and nodes. Instead there seems to be just the barest hint of a structure.

For example. I wanted to set which system icons get displayed on the desktop. Under Windows 7 you right click on the desktop and select Personalize. In the left panel you see

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization

Control Panel Home

Change desktop icons
    Change mouse pointers
    Change your account picture

Under Windows 10 you select Personalize and you see

[] <- Personalization

Background
    Colors
    Lock screen
    Themes

You can select each in turn and not find Change desktop icons. Instead you have to type icons into the search box, then select Show or hide common icons on the desktop from the displayed list. Everything is like that. There are settings scattered all the hell throughout the system with no one place to get at them. Sure, you can go to the control panel but when you select Personalization from there you get a completely different Personalization from the previous one. AAAARRRGGGGHHH!

I've said it before. I'm not opposed to change, but for dog's sake (nods to diafol) it had bloody well be a change for the better.

Now I have to play around with Build 10102

Windows 10 Technical Preview ends on 15 April 2015 and the general release is later this year, maybe..

Considering that I was notified on April 21 by Microsoft that the latest Windows 10 tech preview build was available for download, I'd say the Aril 15 cutoff is bogus. According to several sources, Windows 10 is scheduled for some time in July.

Technically, the Technical Preview is over... they renamed it Insider Preview :)

We are now heading towards the end of the beta. 54 days to go!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.