I put W10 on my daughter's laptop, and everything was fine at first. Now when you click the window icon for the start menu, nothing happens, so she can't get to programs, or the shut down options.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Happened once to me. Not a hard lockup so I did a Ctrl+Alt+Del and used the Sign out option. Then the power down and that got me out. On the next power up it worked. This issue seems to happen to a few and it's on the web.

Here's a thing I'm seeing. Folk today are demanding 110% correct operation. But the PC hasn't changed since say pre-2000?

try safe mode i think it will work ok, if you get it in safe mode so restore point to previos date

Thanks. I ended up creating a new user, and that works fine. I think I can just delete her as a user, and re-create her account (saving anything that needs saving first) which should also work fine. Thanks for mentioning the problem is common and on the web. I googled it, and got the idea for a new user account from that.

FYI, try classic shell as a start menu replacement to get rid of that gawd awful flying turd, MS called the win10 menu.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.