I am running Windows XP on three PCs that are networked. We are using a Linksys BEFSR81 Cable/DSL Router with 8-Port Switch. We are using Verizon DSL. Using IE 6.0.2900 (SP2). Running Norton Antivirus, Webroot Spysweeper and Google toolbar. Popups are allowed for this page.

WE HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM ACCESSING ANY PAGE ON THE INTERNET EXCEPT THE ONE DESCRIBED BELOW. WE DO ON-LINE BANKING, DO PURCHASES ON THE INTERNET, ETC. FROM ALL THREE PCs.

We have issues with one particular website from all three PCs:
The site is www.ohioscpa.com. We can access this main page without a problem. We then click on the "CPE & Events Catalog" link on left side which takes us to a "search" page. This also works without a problem.
We leave the search criteria as defaults and then click on "Search" and I get following error:

The Page Cannot Be Displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

If we use Firefox we then get a different outcome. When we click on the "Search" button it appears to be working - get the green bars on bottom right. At the bottom left we get "Transferring data from www.helponclick.com..." which swiches to "Waiting for www.ohioscpa.com". It continues to switch back and forth with it mostly staying on the "Transferring...". Eventually I get an "Alert" box with the message "The document contains no data".

We also get the same thing when we goto the "Login" link at the top - IE gives DNS error and Firefox gives "Document contains no data".

We have had very little help from the Network Admin at the problem site other than his saying that it is a network problem on our end.

Any ideas about what the problem could be???

Did you ever find the problem? I have the same problem accessing only certain sites, especially when I upload files. The biggest problem is uploading homework for my online masters program. I dont think it is on my end, since I can use a dialup connection or when I travel a hotel LAN connection without a problem. It is only in my house. Its driving me crazy. Let me know if you have found anything out. Thanks.

Jeff

I am running Windows XP on three PCs that are networked. We are using a Linksys BEFSR81 Cable/DSL Router with 8-Port Switch. We are using Verizon DSL. Using IE 6.0.2900 (SP2). Running Norton Antivirus, Webroot Spysweeper and Google toolbar. Popups are allowed for this page.

WE HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM ACCESSING ANY PAGE ON THE INTERNET EXCEPT THE ONE DESCRIBED BELOW. WE DO ON-LINE BANKING, DO PURCHASES ON THE INTERNET, ETC. FROM ALL THREE PCs.

We have issues with one particular website from all three PCs:
The site is www.ohioscpa.com. We can access this main page without a problem. We then click on the "CPE & Events Catalog" link on left side which takes us to a "search" page. This also works without a problem.
We leave the search criteria as defaults and then click on "Search" and I get following error:

The Page Cannot Be Displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

If we use Firefox we then get a different outcome. When we click on the "Search" button it appears to be working - get the green bars on bottom right. At the bottom left we get "Transferring data from www.helponclick.com..." which swiches to "Waiting for www.ohioscpa.com". It continues to switch back and forth with it mostly staying on the "Transferring...". Eventually I get an "Alert" box with the message "The document contains no data".

We also get the same thing when we goto the "Login" link at the top - IE gives DNS error and Firefox gives "Document contains no data".

We have had very little help from the Network Admin at the problem site other than his saying that it is a network problem on our end.

Any ideas about what the problem could be???

I never received any help from this site. I just gave up on the site I was trying to access and will call them by phone instead.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.