~Hi Friends

In my computer, installed with win 2000 (adv. server), with 40 Gb H.D.D. I can see the 20 Gb space free in my harddrive under Disk Admin. (primary partion and rest is free allocated to another partition.

Last day i have added new 2 H.D.D of 40 GB each. I went to Disk Admin but can see Total free space equals to 50 GB but it should be 76+ GB , i don;t knw why i m not seeing the total free disk space as both H.D.D are new.

Let me how i can get my disk space back....

Regards
Harmeet :rolleyes:

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Catweazle

~Hi Friends

In my computer, installed with win 2000 (adv. server), with 40 Gb H.D.D. I can see the 20 Gb space free in my harddrive under Disk Admin. (primary partion and rest is free allocated to another partition.

Last day i have added new 2 H.D.D of 40 GB each. I went to Disk Admin but can see Total free space equals to 50 GB but it should be 76+ GB , i don;t knw why i m not seeing the total free disk space as both H.D.D are new.

Let me how i can get my disk space back....

Regards
Harmeet :rolleyes:

Is this a Samsung SpinPoint 40GB HD? If so, check the jumper carefully. You might have jumpered it to clip off the capacity at 32GB instead of jumpering it master/slave.

A lot of other drives can be set that way as well. Best to check the jumper configuration no matter what the Make/Model

My first harddrive is added on primary and primary slave is my CD ROM and on secondry master and slave i have added this both HDD.

Now tell me how to proceed

A lot of other drives can be set that way as well. Best to check the jumper configuration no matter what the Make/Model

What is being referred to is the fact that some drives have more than one setting for 'Master', and some drives also have a jumper which limits their capacity to 32Gb. Read the documentation for your hard drive for information. (You'll find it on the manufacturer's website)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.