~Hi Friends

In my computer, installed with win 2000 (adv. server), with 40 Gb H.D.D. I can see the 20 Gb space free in my harddrive under Disk Admin. (primary partion and rest is free allocated to another partition.

Last day i have added new 2 H.D.D of 40 GB each. I went to Disk Admin but can see Total free space equals to 50 GB but it should be 76+ GB , i don;t knw why i m not seeing the total free disk space as both H.D.D are new.

Let me how i can get my disk space back....

Regards
Harmeet :rolleyes:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

~Hi Friends

In my computer, installed with win 2000 (adv. server), with 40 Gb H.D.D. I can see the 20 Gb space free in my harddrive under Disk Admin. (primary partion and rest is free allocated to another partition.

Last day i have added new 2 H.D.D of 40 GB each. I went to Disk Admin but can see Total free space equals to 50 GB but it should be 76+ GB , i don;t knw why i m not seeing the total free disk space as both H.D.D are new.

Let me how i can get my disk space back....

Regards
Harmeet :rolleyes:

Is this a Samsung SpinPoint 40GB HD? If so, check the jumper carefully. You might have jumpered it to clip off the capacity at 32GB instead of jumpering it master/slave.

A lot of other drives can be set that way as well. Best to check the jumper configuration no matter what the Make/Model

My first harddrive is added on primary and primary slave is my CD ROM and on secondry master and slave i have added this both HDD.

Now tell me how to proceed

A lot of other drives can be set that way as well. Best to check the jumper configuration no matter what the Make/Model

What is being referred to is the fact that some drives have more than one setting for 'Master', and some drives also have a jumper which limits their capacity to 32Gb. Read the documentation for your hard drive for information. (You'll find it on the manufacturer's website)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.