I am working with a customer to print out several 11x17 print jobs from Bentley Microstation v8i version 180 and version 443 (Series 2) have been tested.
- Issues with the print output where the customer’s logo gets flaky and what looks to be the image gets corrupted....

One of the issues is that when printing the PDF which shows Grid lines ok in the Bentley Microstation software ok, the output from the Ricoh C4501 using either a PS or PCL 5c driver shows the following.

The vertical and horizontal lines are missing. - print1-grid-false.pdf
The grid shows up but the lines up above which act as a legend of sorts, I believe it is called a line style, is messed up. - print2-grid-true.pdf

We have switched between using Adobe Acrobat Reader X and the full version Pro X.
Same issues.

We have tried printing to another printer, an HP but that printer doesn't print out 11x17.

We have spoken many times with Bentley support, their thought is that it is a Ricoh firmware issue or that the print driver is problematic.

The border and grid working shows both the line styles and more working ok.
I don't see a good source for troubleshooting the issue from Adobe standpoint. Has anyone out there had issues with Microstation printing out these PDF’S?

The customer has sent PDF's to clients and the same issues printing occur.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

This sounds familar. Remember I can't tell if this applies but given the time passing I'll share that we saw something like that years ago. It was some schematic software and lines would go missing. While there was much time wasted on this and never fixed, I found that changing the line from 1 to 2 pixels wide fixed it and we got the job done. I'll skip on theory here and remind you this is me sharing a story.

I think it has to do with how the printer deals with color variations. In your printer setup in the Acrobat Reader, you may be able to increase the color acuity, but then the printer may be limited in that. Try changing the line colors to see if that helps - more contrast == better output.

commented: Yes! Do that too. For the test, go black then a primary color. +7
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.