I am having a problem with my Dell Inspiron 6000. It just started today.

When I turn it on it goes through the dell boot screen fine. but after that when it would normally load windows i get a black screen with a curser blinking in the upper left hand corner..

This computer worked fine yesterday. And i havn't made any software or hardware changes.

Any ideas before I attempt to reformat the hdd?

I did blow it out with compessed airm it seems pretty clean. hardly any dust came out.

Recommended Answers

Perhaps the drive had come unplugged while inside your laptop?

Do you have a CD or any other media devices attached to your laptop when you try to boot?

Jump to Post

All 3 Replies

I just took the drive out of my laptop and put it into a USB enclosure and it works fine.. so i will be able to get my data off. I'm still wondering why it won't boot though.

hopefully it is just a boot sector problem and not the laptop itself

Do you have a CD or any other media devices attached to your laptop when you try to boot?

Nope nothing. I'm guessing that it had something to do with my boot sector. Last night I Pulled my data off and re installed windows XP and it is working fine. Not sure what the problem was

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.