I have an old SSD (150mb) running Win7 along with 3 other HDDs. I disconnected everything , installed a new 480mb SSD and a new licensed copy of Win7. If I reconnect the old SSD will I have the ability to select which drive to boot from?

What really important for now is booting from the old SSD and being able to access all my programs (MSOffice, Adobe, etc.) as I make the migration. I don't care if there's a fancy slection menu or just a prompt at boot time.

Along those lines is there a way to migrate all my previous settings from the old SSD to the new SSD.

Appreciate your valuable opinions, cheers

Probably not. Windows doesn't play nice with anyone else, even itself. You could install a Linux OS, and it will allow you to do that, boot any OS on the system drives. There may be a means to do what you want, but I don't know how myself. Anyone else here have better advice?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.