Hello
I've deployed a 32-bit Windows 8.1 on VirtualBox on Windows 10, yet when I am logging in on the VM, a few seconds after the desktop appears, it starts flickering like a looping refresh, and I am unable to see any icons.
Any fix for this, without having to reinstall the whole thing again?

Cheers.

Contributors
Replies
Views
1 Year
Discussion Span
Last Post by rproffitt

What host OS are you running? I have run XP and Win7 on my CentOS 6 Linux system without problems. Haven't tried Win8.x yet.

There are recurring issues with Windows logins so I won't get into that yet. Try this. When you log into your W8.1 try another account.

To save me a lot of typing I'm still encountering "corrupt profile" issues on W8.1 now and then. Not on my personal machines but folk have brought me a few over time.

@rubberman - host OS is Windows 10 Pro
@rproffitt - will try to see with a new profile and give my feedback

@rproffitt - tried with a new profile but still same issue. Any other fix recommended?

@Ritesh,

In the next week I will be able to try W8.1 in VirtualBox hosted by a W10 Pro. It's not that I'm doing this for you but I'm going to try it as I can slip that in some current work. May be a week or two.

But and this is a big one, I'm an old hand at drivers. The host machine will be spotless and current on drivers. I don't have anything iffy as to the video area going on like an Intel GMA that could run out of video memory and do odd things.

Also, I re-read your top post and it sounds like you are not trying another install in a VM. I know folk that want to repair a blown Windows OS but as time wears on I'm less inclined to fixes rather than a do over.

PS. Added this with edit. It looks like the host will be some old Core2Quad HP d5000t with an older Nvidia GT240 in it.

Edited by rproffitt

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.